Photobucket
KRISSY

The Forum





The People
boon
kim
sOck
lingy!
bearbear
jojo
lyndel
yiru
chickenie
jasmine;ahma
vivian
aaron
cheryl
2h05
chang
cheryl!
genevieve
minyoo
PAU


Acknowledgements
layout: lyricaltragedy

Sunday, January 28, 2007
W-E-E is SIX YEARS OLD!

Time flies so fast, it's crazy.

It's been 6 years since W-E-E came into my life.

I can distinctly remember me as a 12-year-old, wailing loudly when mommy broke the news that i'm gonna have a little sister soon.
I did not welcome her.
I am was an only child.
I will not allow anybody to come near mommy, stealing her love and attention away from me.
I've dreaded W-E-E's coming.


I can distinctly remember cradling her fragile frame and seeing her suck milk from her pyo-pyo milk bottle.
I remember looking at this little intruder, thinking about how her innocent, vulnerable little self had managed to rip mommy away from me.
Mommy no longer fussed about me, 24/7.

Instead, everything was Enrica this, Enrica that.

I hated it.


The barriers between W-E-E and I came down when she was about 2 years old.

The barriers came down the first time she said,"jie jie jie..." in that annoying baby language of hers.
The barriers came down when I compared her with my childhood photos. I was awed by the striking resemblance.

For the first time, I felt proud being an elder sister.


By the time I became a full-fledged, rowdy teenager, I've pretty much lived with the fact of having a small monster in the house.

W-E-E evolved into a toddler. Rather lovable toddler, I must say.

When she started attending preschool, it suddenly dawned upon me that she will soon need a role model to follow.
I am told that I need to be that role model.
From her budding propriety, I know that I have, indeed, became that role model.


It's been 6 years since W-E-E came into my life.
It's been 6 years since my love-hate relationship with W-E-E started.

I have great plans for her future.
I am, afterall, her elder sister.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY W-E-E!
I THINK I LOVE YOU!