The Forum
The People
boon
kim
sOck
lingy!
bearbear
jojo
lyndel
yiru
chickenie
jasmine;ahma
vivian
aaron
cheryl
2h05
chang
cheryl!
genevieve
minyoo
PAU
Acknowledgements
layout:
lyricaltragedy
|
|
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Guess Who's Back?
YES. I'm alive!
Wait a minute... It's March ALREADY?
Ahhh... Year 2007's been such a bitch.
Been mugging since the last entry, dated more than a month ago.
These are some(what) the more note-worthy events, good or bad, that had happened during these 40+days.
Valentine's Day Yes i know. Like all other festivals in Singapore, St. Valentine's Day is (not surprisingly) heavily commercialized in this vortex of capitalism. And of course, a sensible girl like me knows better than to marvel at the overpriced, not to mention cliché RED roses, chocolates, teddies, candlelight dinner for 2, blah, blah, blah...
But still, I have to admit that it sucked (big time) to have a boyfriend stucked in camp on V'day, AND having to mug for the upcoming papers. Tsk.
On the brighter note, I do enjoy making V'day presents for my girlfriends (READ: Saucy lingerie with Hershey's Kisses in adorable bottles)
P.S. Poor baby've fallen into the trap of these capitalist suckers- he ordered roses(RED) with a Teddy and a big heart-shaped card that plays the tune- Where Do I Begin, delivered right to my doorstep.
How sweet. How cliché.
2nd Year Anniversary One of the primary reasons why Year 2007's been a frigging bitch: WHICH OTHER COUPLE DON'T GET TO CELEBRATE THEIR 2ND YEAR FRIGGING ANNIVERSARY TOGETHER?
26 Feb 2007.
A day of romantic getaway with baby, with him smelling like his delicious DKNY eau de parfum... Doing something MORE radical than cable-car dining this year, such as underwater-dining or something in the likes... Cuddling, having fun... Riding into the sunset...
Well, this is how it SHOULD be.
But hell no. On this day of utmost significance, baby's stucked in camp (AGAIN), and I'm stuck at home mugging (AGAIN). There's really nothing else that we can do, except to sulk and pout at the unfairness of it all.
Chey, you'll say. Can always have a belated celebration one what.
You know what? It's just not the same. Tsk.
The Exams The Exams were darn crappy. The Forces That Control The Universe thought that it'll be amusing to slap me with a 39.5degree fever right before the marketing paper.
FYI, the papers that follow are craaaaazzy. (READ: fnb; econs) Groggy, knocked-out(by the medicine) and puking like a merlion DOES NOT go with having papers to cram.
I believe the details need little elaboration.
To The Forces That Control The Universe: hur hur, not funny.
The Oven Okay okay, I have to confess that although life is not always a bed of roses, there ARE some good times. Like how i got my much-desired oven.
It was a lonely night. (As usual) Baby was back from camp, but was too busy doing his own stuff. (That was what he said when i called him) I was bored. I bathed. I went back to my room(fully-clothed), sat on my bed and dried my hair. The towels were covering my eyes when i heard my wardrobe door slide open. (FYI: My wardrobe has sliding glass doors, and they make a distinctive "chuuuuuu" sound when opened)
For a moment I didn't dare to look up. It doesnt make sense, Daddy and Mummy's out. The house should be empty...
A million thoughts raced through my head: 1) Shit, I KNEW my room was haunted. 2) This burglar must be quite dumb- i've converted all my cash into clothes, bag and shoes... 3) DAMN, did he dirty my clothes when he hid in the closet?! Mummy's gonna kill me... 4) WAIT A MINUTE - THE BURGLAR IS GONNA KILL ME FIRST.
Paralysed by fear, I was picturing my funeral when a familiar voice shouted: SURPRISE!
It was baby, lah. I almost wanted to kill him then and there. But he looked so adorable... big, dopey eyes and botak head and all... I couldn't bring myself to murder him in cold blood.
And when he hugged me... And gently nudged my head southwards...
THAT'S WHEN I SAW IT. The Oven. Sweet.
Turns out, Instead of "doing my(his) camp stuff", baby was really at mustafa with sam when i called him.
Man, he's SUCH a jerk clown sweetie. C:
The Cookies Armed with my new oven, I shamelessly attempted MACADAMIA DOUBLE CHOC COOKIES.
Everyone thought it was lovely. I thought it tasted weird.
Hmm...
The Jab Ahh.. Reliving the memories of that fateful day still send shivers down my spine.
Due to my (unwise) choice of vocational training(htm), I have no choice but to face The Evil Syringe head-on.
Uh-huh, The Typhoid Jab.
I have the Zilch-Tolerance-for-Anything-Remotely-Painful syndrome. For the record, I haven't had a jab without crying in the past 18 years of my life.
But this time, I DIDNT SHED A TEAR.
Maybe it's sOck there beside me, Maybe it's the awakening speech that the unknown uncle've made outside the clinic earlier on. (*I was in such a state of frenzy that i was making up random sentences about my fear pf the needle, addressed at the passerbys in the clinic when an uncle told me -somewhat mockingly- "我四岁的孙子都不怕打针,你怕什么?)
Although I did briefly consider changing course when the doc positioned himself beside me with The Evil Syringe, I clenched my teeth and embraced the numbing, disgusting jab.
In this battle of Krissy and The Jab, Warrior Krissy emerged as the final, glorified winner. C:
The "Class Gathering"
Sentosa. Class gathering, supposedly. Pangseh-ed. Thank God for other classmates. Pricky seawater. Tanning. Minyu's "boobs". ABNN watching free show. Subway. Pangseh-ed again. Thank God for endless stream of tourists for me to people-watch. Adrian. Skytower. Images of Singapore. Peacock Feathers. ABNN again. Righteous Chinese man. Home. Tsk.
The Headache Some invisible jackass thought it would be amusing to pound on my head 24/7 since last friday. It's been almost a week since the the headache started. I have no idea how the headache started - it just did.
Some of my guesses: 1) Rotting Tooth (Quite likely.) 2) PMS (I hope not. Can't imagine having to go through this every month, on top of my nerve-wrecking cramps...) 3) Brain Tumour (Oh well.)
The Dentist Dentist. Scare the hell out of me. Machines that grind the daylight outta my teeth. Helpless struggle. Trapped in a chair in an awkward position.
And the ultimate: Discovering that my persistent headache might be the cause of impacted wisdom tooth teeth. Operations. Blood splattering everywhere. JAB. *faints.
TSK.
Girl's Night Out at St James
|
|
|