Photobucket
KRISSY

The Forum





The People
boon
kim
sOck
lingy!
bearbear
jojo
lyndel
yiru
chickenie
jasmine;ahma
vivian
aaron
cheryl
2h05
chang
cheryl!
genevieve
minyoo
PAU


Acknowledgements
layout: lyricaltragedy

Tuesday, December 18, 2007
A genuine smile

Today, the clouds cleared a little, but you made it rain again.
The heart is still speaking, but I'm no longer listening.
I don't have to, as long as you give me a genuine smile.

Christmas's just round the corner, yet the pangs of festivity have yet to hit me. I swear Singapore(or any other developed city, for that matter) is just too commercialized for Christmas. It's no longer a festival of love and giving, it's a festival of capitalism. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Papa Santa must be so sad. 

It is dangerous to surround ourselves with material comforts. It gives us such a false sense of security, oblivious to the cries of little children in lesser parts of the world. Disasters from around the world are but words on the papers, voices from the telly. 

A tsunami? "Aw, that's terrible. What's for dinner?"

I like children well enough. I especially like them when they go back to their parents. The thought of being directly responsible for the acts of another human being scares me. How much more harm will they do to the world? Don't tell me I might give birth to a saint. What are the odds?

Besides, if the saint lives in Singapore, even he will inevitably contribute to greenhouse warming everytime he:
  • eats (non-biodegradable packages); 
  • travels (carbon monoxide);
  • works (papers=deforestation);
  • sleeps (carbon dioxide),
which in turn leads to a fluctuation in global temperatures, an increase in sea levels, and an eventual annihilation of mankind.

A cessation of all sufferings, for mankind, for the earth, I pray.