|
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Appalled.
Slow to love, yet criticize with alacrity.Pay no attention to kindness, but amplify every act of injustice.
To you: I've stopped yearning to be the favourite years ago, since she came along. I am so over that phase of feeling unwanted. I know where I stand. You may use me, you have to right to. I won't even struggle anymore, because nothing I do can break this tie that binds. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.
To you: You are me, your blood flows in mine. You will find me if you look hard enough. Why didn't you? If all I can have are just memories, please just let them wither and die.
To you: It's just me. I don't even know what I want anymore.
To You: Created me in Your perfect image, given me life. How many times have I brought You grief with my empty promises? Living my life the way I want, failing to remember that it should be all be about You. I know that You are always there, that Your love for me will grant me forgiveness as long as I asked. But I didn't, because I am afraid.
I am afraid that it will be yet another half-hearted attempt on my part. I am afraid that I am not strong enough to hold Your guiding hand, to fight with you against the temptations and the moulds of the world.I am afraid that I won't have the stamina and perseverance, that I'll give up again before I can hear Your still, small voice.
No more empty promises on my part. I just want to let you know that, I'm sorry.
|