|
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Words of wisdom from the active blogger...
Not.
Too much of thinking-posts recently. Time for some totally bimbotic uninspiring haircut entries.
Today marks my first toptable culinary experience. And man, was it good.
Together with Doreen and Linette, we made an empire out of sirloin steak. "She's quite amazing, actually," says Chef Desmond.
I knew it. I knew he's gonna stereotype me as the shriek-at-the-slightest-burn kinda girl. Thank God I was given a chance to prove him wrong. Diver seh, excuse me. Hah!
Today, also marks my first time taking a bus home after an entire day at TCA. Yes, hell have officially frozen over. Still, I don't think I'll ever grow to love bus rides, especially not with my knife kit, elephant boots and balls of chef uniform. Bah.
Day 3 into my primitive life without a phone. Peaceful, yet exasperating at (most of the) times. I seriously cannot begin to fathom how people in the past communicate without a mobile phone, or even a pager. How would you know if there's dinner at home? How do you locate a friend who is not at the meeting place at the designated time? What happen during cases of emergency, like the hospitalization of an immediate family?
And, have you realized how, when we're alone, be it waiting for the train/a friend, we'll tend to whip out our phones and start checking messages, although we know for sure that there are no new messages whatsoever? How very perplexing.
Forget about the phone. Can you imagine, how the hell students in the past do their research projects without the Internet? Can you imagine, having to search the entire library collection/volumes of books just to locate one information? Can you imagine having to repeat that process twenty thousand times?! Oh my banana.
And, can you imagine a long journey without that earphones in your ears or, better yet, PSP in your hands? I can't.
Such technophiles we are. Tsk tsk.
Oh, on a totally irrelevant note, is the weather really getting colder or is it just me?
P.S. Wednesday! Onelove day! Can't wait. (:
|