|
Friday, February 29, 2008
Drumrolls please, IT'S BFF DAY!
22nd February 2008, Ling&Kri's 1st ever BFF Anniversary!
digression: ZOMG TIM FOUND OUT ABOUT JENNY AND MARINA! BFF Day started with me, pacing around at marina square's cab stand, waiting for the BFF, feeling darn gay with a bouquet of roses (ew?) in hand. A brilliant idea struck me then and there, I asked a cab uncle to pull over, start the meter while I waited for the BFF to come, and begged him to pass ling the flowers when we "happen to" get on that cab. I can still remember how wide-eyed that uncle went. He was so blushing. Don't ask me why, I have no idea myself. Perhaps it's been awhile since he gave a girl flowers? Haha. Turned out that, Ling noticed the flowers in the front seat when she slipped into the cab (and also, the exorbitant starting fare). Pretended to be surprised though, that good girl. And, she got me flowers too! Red tulips, the favourite.
Throughout the journey, the uncle kept saying, "Aw, you two are so sweet." Yes uncle, I know. (:  Her Roses  My Tulips  BFF LW
 BFF Me Brought Ling to One Rochester @ the Rochester Park. Made reservation for al fresco, ambience was great, top-notch service, attentive staff, though grooming can be better. Ling presented the BFF Present for the year - BandFF! (: 
 



 

 Sweet. Dinner was intercepted with bouts of camwhoring. Food at One Rochester was mediocre, presentation can definitely be better. Bread was not the freshest, olive oil, not extra virgin, plates were not heated... Ah I'll stop, occupational hazard. The company made up for it all. (:
 Oven Baked Portobello with Mesclun Salad
 Classic Rochester Crabcakes with (again!) Mesclun Salad in Zesty Dressing  Crab Claw Linguine
 Braised Lamb Shank with White Truffle Oil Mashed Potato & Assorted Greens Confession: I ordered this solely because the mash potato was to-die-for. Yum.
 Crème Brûlée Trio: Lemon&Citrus, Chocolate, Berries&Lemongrass
 Tiramisu
Oh, have I mentioned that service was good? It was. I was bought over by the 2 glasses of Champagne, on the house, for the "2 lovely ladies". How sweet. 


 The Classic BFF pose. I swear we have 986452464125 pictures taken like that.
 The BFFs All in white, if you haven't already realized. The theme for the day was, BaiFF (:
 Don't mind her, she's practicing for her Big Day...  Good catch! (:
 

After dinner was eyecandy drinks @ Domus because Ling insisted that she's the priority for the day. Oh well, at least booze at Domus are a real steal. Half a dozen shots and a long drink for a little over $30. That, and friendly people (Hello Fred!) plus good ambience. So no, I'm not complaining. (:
 Here's a toast to Ling;
 Thanks for the BFFship <3
Dear LINGYWINGY,
 See what I mean about classic pose? Haha.
1 year ago, 2 girls met for a last minute marketing exam mugging at cafe cartel. It was a random date, I thought I could use some help from the crazily smart girl. I didn't thought that we'll come this far - afterall, you were the E6 girl who hung out with the... you know what. Haha. Our second date was yet another impromtu coffee date at the airport, just to chill and talk. It was there and then where it happened. Remember, I was the first to grace your new phone's photo album? Or, do you remember, the Seletar chalet where we went midnight swimming? The times we spent in my room, doing dance dumb moves to the BFF song? How about the times we spent in that stinky room at your place, studying, chionging projects, crying, laughing. And, how can I not mention, that 3 weeks of in-your-face in China?
I know it felt like forever, but it has only been a year. More adventures to come, I promise.
And if we ever lose each other along the way, remember, 1o years from now, I'll see you at Barcelona;elBulli-ff.
Lots of love & kisses, Krikri.
|