|
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Sobriety
Every time I doubt myself, there will be a little voice at the back of my head:"You, creature of little faith."
Strictly speaking, it's a bible verse. I lost touch with Daddy above for the longest time, though admittedly there are times when I secretly pray for His guidance. Sadly, I belong to the homo sapiens, the creatures who think that they know it all. The mustard seeds of faith, planted firmly in no one else but me.
And hence, so what if they have "award-winning bartenders"? We have me, and power, and kim and sock and perlin. We have Mr Goh and Mr Chia and Mr Sim and the ones we love. We have people who believe in us. We have sincerity. We have faith.
***
Zouk today was totally uncalled for, and neither was the singleton. I guess it won't make much of a difference, the soul sticks around. Will to be fine, and I think the performance was spectacular. It certainly helped when the attention were shifted to something else, like trying to make sure the BFF was alright. Guilty as hell I was, tying people down to us when all they were trying to do was to have a good time. I sure hope they did have a good time, looking after us. And then, there was this episode of ... never mind.
I remembered when I was younger, during my days of teenage-lovehurtslifesucks-angst, I penned down something in the likes of:
Crying in the shower helps, because when the tears from the eyes and the tears from the shower becomes miscible, you might just be able to tell yourself that you're not the only one crying.
Now I know what this is called. Deception. Disillusion. There, a more sophisticated term for what is primitively, identical.
Words, are only words. I know you want me, but you don't need me.
|
|