|
Friday, August 15, 2008
Wake up call.
If you think that all these are the consequences of a sole event, then think again. We are more than that. You still don't get it do you? Still, it's not a good time now. Let's let it rest for the moment shall we?
Went to the dentist for a routine cleaning yesterday. I've never liked dental clinics with all of their mechanical noises, although admittedly, the dentist was uber nice. One of the nicestest i've ever met, plus he look like one who just walked out of a Oral-b/Sensodyne commercial. ;) Anyhow, to cut the long story short - the consultation fee was slightly over a 100buckaroos. And guess what, every other (major) polytechnic has a student discount for that dental clinic except TP! 15% for NP students k! ):
Tsk tsk, it's not that I'm lusting over the 15% price difference - I'm just rather feeling p-f-f-t at the $20 we are paying the Student Union every academic year (included in our tuition fees). What do I get? No NUM card, no complimentary drinks anywhere, no nothing can! Don't tell me we have privileges at whadchumacallthat shoe shop again - I don't even know where the heck is that la!
Where did the 20buckaroos go? Funding for the 893467216354278 camps that 90% of the student population cannot be bothered with? Maintenance for the smelly lounge where only the selected few frequently hangout? Well, they still collect camp fees & they still make us pay for the use of the pool tables anyway. So...
Could it be that...
*GASPS*
There are actually some capitalism conspiracy going on behind the scenes?! Maybe they are secretly using the money to ________ !! (fill in the blanks next time, cannot think of anything funny now) Imagine, $20 for 1 student. 10, 000 students = $200,000! Gosh. Too much X-files.
Gotta ask kim help me take 20 pieces of that TP foolscap thing to recuperate my losses. Scratch that, make it 60 for Year 1-3. Heh heh.
Don't get me wrong. Despite the student welfare (or the lack of it), I'll still choose TP no matter what. After all, it is The Place to Be. Or the Turning Point. Or something cheesy along that line. ;) Go, Temasek Go!!
***
The GA, somehow, managed to get his hands on the Vox Angeli album that I secretly wanted! (: Thank you for the trouble, and thank you to the UPS uncle who delivered the album safely from wherever it came from! Mugging with the soothing vocals of the children in the background is the best thing that can ever come out of, well, mugging. ;) Thank you once again my dear. And I'm so sorry for the 89237471263723847 bluff-ness.
***
P/S: Am trying hard to be a good girlfriend for the remaining days before we... P/P/S: This week is supposedly, Best Friend Week. I miss my BFF. ):
|
|