|
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Krissy's Kitchen Adventure (KKA)
I thought I had truckloads of stuff to say about my UBER exciting internship in an Italian kitchen but the mind always, always blank out when I see this "create a post" page. Gosh.
The first 3 days of orientation in the company was more of brain-washing a repetition of the stuff that we learnt in school. Go the extra miles, yada-yada. One thing that stood out from the orientation was that the people are extremely, extremely nice. Initially I thought that it was just part of the "show", and that their true colours will eventually show once the curtains are drawn with them ready to grill us cheap labours to our bones. But guess what! The people are really, really, really nice! Especially the kitchen crew! Wonderful, wonderful people. (:
It was my first exposure to a commercial kitchen, and an Italian Kitchen while I'm at that. All the french terms that I've briefly acquainted myself with in school is now as useful as a comb for a_ _ _ l _ _. It's Italiano all the way baby! Parmesan? Nah. It's Parmigiano-Reggiano. Button mushrooms? You mean Porcini? We don't have foie gras, but we have some fine fegato grasso if you're craving for some force-fed livers. Time to swap your bravos for the mama-mias! (:
Gosh, dinnertime. To be continued - Chef Bobby: Be a Chef - Chef Ken: Apologies & My Training Programme - Garnish Box: Murdering parsley, onions, red chili - Throwing Krissy to the Frontline - Pizza dough & Eric's bad example - Pasta Station: Risotto, Maltagliata - Antipasti - Beef Carpaccio - Food Tasting: Fortina, buffalo mozzarella, parmigianno, proscuitto, salami, coppa
Labels: KKA
|