So we had dinner at this quaint and cosy little restaurant, Epicurious, tucked just by the Singapore River. We sat on charming Goldilocks wooden chairs at a table just right for arm space and food, with a candle flickering in its own glass world. We sat outdoors, balmy winds lifting our hairs like waves bringing messages in bottles across the oceans while we ate and talked to our hearts' content.It was simply. Splendid. To spend an evening with someone whom you thought you lost so long ago. To spend an evening digging out the forgotten treasures of our childhood and crafting our dreams for the future.
It's such a strange feeling to be finding out so much about someone you thought you knew so much about. Like how you like Red and Classy Dresses just like I do. And that you are going to fulfill such big dreams. Dreams that I only dreamed about. It seems foreign to me, that the little girl I knew when I was 8, has grown so much and accomplished so much. Like, who's this after all? Do I even know you?
And yet, the familiarity of our youngish princess talks roots me, reminds me of all the reasons I am out here having dinner with you after a decade. Close to a decade. Fishing out our days in the foyer, swinging around the peeling crayola blue pillars, running in the open field where the grass was as tall as our knees, singing in the choir as they staged Pinocchio.
Yes, we all started out from the same point but like paint that flow when you blow at it with a straw, it seeps into different paths. She's doing this, he's busy with that, I'm here and you're there. And here we are, tracing our way back to where it all begun,
in the tiny blue classroom just beside the field where crickets sing. Do they still? I wonder.
It's good to know that I'm being missed, that I'm being thought of now and then, that You still remember me as your childhood best friend who used to harmonize with you to the tune of Red River Valley. It all seemed to happened a lifetime ago.
I missed you much too. I just didn't realise until after last night.
We'll pursue different things and live our own dreams but nothing will take the old school away from us. And maybe, just maybe, I will share your Disneyland experience with you.

And we'll be 8 again.